Thursday, November 20, 2014

Landscape: Into The Future!



Landscape 1.0 is a 1.0 release. As in, I didn't cram everything in there, because some of it needed to be thought out more.

So here's a list of where things are going, and when I expect them to go to there...

Windows version - Construction on the Windows version has already begun, and I expect a beta sometime in the next 1-2 weeks. If you're a registered user now, you'll get the Windows version for free. Otherwise, it will be an additional $900. Or less. I don't know.

Blogger.com integration - You know, so you can change things on blogger.com and blogspot.com. Also, so I don't have to type my blogs out in these dinky little windows.

Wordpress Integration - Same thing. I have a few sites that use Wordpress, and I'd like to be able to tweak the templates. How about you?

Shadows - This is an obvious omission, and will be in there soon. Basically, I wasn't happy with the difference between Cocoa shadows on the Mac and CSS shadows in browsers on Windows. It'll happen though.

Buttons - I would like to offer both CSS based buttons and multi-state image buttons. It took me awhile to wrap my head around how that would work in the UI, but basically you'll select multiple images and bind them together in a button object, for multi-state image buttons. For CSS buttons, it's much easier--just fill out some stuff in the info window.

Slider Carousel with those little buttons - This is the only visual thing I think I missed with Landscape. Basically this would be a series of images that would transition from one to the next. The way this will work is just like the multi-state button. Click the little buttons to jump to a scene, or it transitions on its own.

Better support for YouTube, Vimeo, Google Maps, etc. - Basically, you can currently and easily create any kind of raw html drop in, but I'd like to wire it up so resizing the container also changes the embedded size in the html so it resizes, too.

Full width support - This will be a tricky one, because in order to make this work, I have to figure out how to make it work while letting the user also control the vertical layout of objects. It turns out, that's the bigger, stupid issue here.

What'd I miss? Probably a lot. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks!
-Chilton Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment